Tim Campbell inspires firms to take advantage of emerging talent
Much of the UK knows Tim Campbell MBE as the winner of the first series of the groundbreaking TV reality show The Apprentice, which landed former London Underground recruiter a job with Lord Alan Sugar.
Eight years on, Campbell has turned that role inside out and become an evangelist for apprenticeships in a new position with recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) specialist Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS).
As head of client services for emerging talent, Campbell says he has “a grand title” and a mission to build an AMS business specifically designed to capitalise on the potential of young people and youth employment — not only in the UK but overseas as well.
“For too long,” Campbell says, “it [being an apprentice] has been seen as a second-tier career — almost that it’s what you do if you can’t make it into university.
“It used to be,” he continues, “that if you were called an apprentice, that was something to be highly regarded. It was a gold standard, a stamp of approval from someone who had taught you something, a set of specific skills which allowed you to go off and generate an income for yourself or to go and gain employment somewhere else in another organisation.” A bit like Campbell’s own prestigious experience with Lord Sugar, one might think. Apprenticeships can again be seen as the ‘gold standard’ for the recruitment of youth into organisations, he contends.
Other news items
- Tim Campbell interview in 'The Recruiter', posted on 14-08-2013
- Tim Campbell - Great North Run for Christian Aid, posted on 20-10-2009
- Business education needed in schools, says Apprentice star, posted on 06-08-2010
- Tim Campbell, Channel 4 News Thursday, 27th July 2010, posted on 02-08-2010
- Apprentice of The Year 2010 Awards, posted on 23-07-2010
- Tim Campbell joins Mayor in capital training drive, posted on 09-07-2010
- A Bright Idea becomes a Grand Idea, posted on 08-06-2010
- London Marathon 2010, posted on 30-04-2010
- Cabinet Office - News Release 10th July 2009, posted on 20-08-2009
- Tim Campbell at Guildford College, posted on 23-02-2009
- Watch Tim on You Tube - Bright Ideas Trust, posted on 23-02-2009
- Tim Campbell inspires firms to take advantage of emerging talent, posted on 28-03-2013