Tim Campbell joins Mayor in capital training drive
Boris Johnson's drive to create more apprenticeships and training opportunities across London received a major boost today, with the appointment of Tim Campbell as the Mayor's Ambassador for Training and Enterprise.
Tim is the founder and CEO of Bright Ideas Trust and the first winner of BBC TV’s ‘The Apprentice’. He entered the Apprentice competition whilst he was a Senior Planner at Transport for London.
Initially, the voluntary role will focus on a major campaign to increase the number of apprentices across London and develop the Mayor’s overall apprenticeship strategy. The Mayor also wants to draw on Tim’s unique motivational, business and leadership skills to inspire business and Londoners and companies to develop and become involved in new training opportunities, as well as setting up new businesses in the capital.
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson said: “London’s future prosperity depends on the quality and skills of its workforce and it is essential at this time that we step up a gear in our drive to create more training opportunities across the city. Tim is incredibly suited to this important challenge, bringing extensive business experience and investment in London's aspiring entrepreneurs. His understanding of London and its businesses, plus his unwavering enthusiasm, will inspire and motivate others to ingrain training initiatives into the heart of their business planning and make the most of the talent we have in London.“
Tim Campbell, founder and CEO of Bright Ideas Trust said: “London is a great city of opportunity brimming with ideas and talent that we continually harness. There is also a huge, untapped talent pool hidden within businesses and individuals across our capital. The key to unlocking it is the development of real in-work training initiatives that allow people to realise their potential and businesses to develop those home-grown skills to the benefit of the company.
“Some of those on apprenticeships will come up with bright ideas for creating wealth and this will also be a key focus for me. I am looking forward to working closely with the Mayor and his team in supporting exciting new training opportunities across London. “
Other news items
- Tim Campbell interview in 'The Recruiter', posted on 14-08-2013
- Tim Campbell - Great North Run for Christian Aid, posted on 20-10-2009
- Business education needed in schools, says Apprentice star, posted on 06-08-2010
- Tim Campbell, Channel 4 News Thursday, 27th July 2010, posted on 02-08-2010
- Apprentice of The Year 2010 Awards, posted on 23-07-2010
- Tim Campbell joins Mayor in capital training drive, posted on 09-07-2010
- A Bright Idea becomes a Grand Idea, posted on 08-06-2010
- London Marathon 2010, posted on 30-04-2010
- Cabinet Office - News Release 10th July 2009, posted on 20-08-2009
- Tim Campbell at Guildford College, posted on 23-02-2009
- Watch Tim on You Tube - Bright Ideas Trust, posted on 23-02-2009
- Tim Campbell inspires firms to take advantage of emerging talent, posted on 28-03-2013